Are you marketing your SWA Ultimate business? In Team Manny Viloria, we often say: "Build Your Name First, then your business second."
Here's a practical explanation of what that tip means, and how you can profit from it...
You'll often see people post ads about their business opportunity of bizop. You'll see the name of the company's main website, a slash symbol, then the affiliate ID of the person promoting it.
Sometimes, you'll see an affiliate ID, followed by a dot, then followed by the dotcom name of the company's website.
Affilate Marketing Tip: Promote YOUR blog or website.
It's better to do this because you exercise more control over your blog's website address, than over the merchant company's URL or website address.
If you insist on promoting the company's website address, what will you do if:
1. The domain name (that's the dotcom name) expires and becomes inaccessible?
2. What will you do if the company's main website goes offline?
Think about it. What will happen to all the ads you posted, if the destination website is not reachable?
Now consider this scenario...
1. You have a blog or website.
2. You have an "About Me" page.
3. In your "About Me" page you have written something about your business opportunity, and you're capturing leads via an Opt-In Email Marketing system.
4. You'll then post ads or promote your own blog, or your "About Me" page.
This time, if something happens to the main company's website, you will simply edit your "About Me" page.
Your past ads are not wasted, because they all point to your (still existing) blog or website.
So do yourself a favor: Build your name first, then your business second.
And get more tips (plus useful ebooks) from Team Manny Viloria over at http://www.viloria.net/swa-pinoy